Tyler Pre-College Programs offer creatively driven high school students the challenging and meaningful experience of learning with other young artists at one of the nation’s top schools for the study of art, design and architecture. Classes are taught by dedicated faculty and practicing professionals who provide students with an immersive, hands-on experience.
Students of all levels will find classes that allow them to explore new media and artistic interests, develop technical skills, discover creative career paths and create work suitable for a college admissions portfolio. Tyler's Pre-College programs are designed to introduce high school students to college-level courses while they pursue their passion for creativity and innovation.
PRE-COLLEGE PROGRAMS MAILING LIST
REGISTRATION AND OTHER INFORMATION
SEE SOME OF OUR PROGRAMS IN ACTION
In response to the continued risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, we will be hosting all of our Pre-College Programs online through summer 2021. Each of our programs has been adapted specifically for online learning to allow students to engage in hands-on, project-based learning from the safety of their homes. Our online programs are designed to be as interactive as possible and will include a mix of:
- • Live face-to-face instruction and presentations with your instructors
- • Time for hands-on art making and projects, both independently and in small groups
- • Critique and discussion of projects with your instructors and classmates
- • Virtual studio visits and guest lectures by practicing professionals
- • Online resources such as virtual museum tours, site visits and demonstration videos
Learn More About Online Pre-College Programs