The Visual Resources Center (VRC) is a great quiet space to get some of your digital work done, and is open to all Tyler students Monday-Friday from 9 am-5 pm. It has six computer workstations, a large-format scanner and a poster scanner, as well as a black and white and a color printer available. The VRC also has rental equipment availible to Tyler Students. The VRC also provides resources and support to Tyler School of Art faculty and graduate students working on Temple University course-related instructional materials.
The VRC has equipment which Tyler students can borrow. Equipment can be borrowed for one business day and reservations are accepted.
Some of our more popular rental items include:
- DSLR Cameras
- Digital Cameras
- Video Cameras
- Blu Ray/DVD Players
- Drawing Tablets
- All rented equipment is due back by 5 PM the day following the rental
- Equipment borrowed on Friday is due by 5 PM on the following Monday
- Equipment renewal must be performed in person. Renewal will be permitted at the Digital Fabrication Studio's discretion
- Any rentals requiring equipment for longer than one day must be approved by the Digital Fabrication Studio in advance of the rental
- It is important to us that you know that this equipment can be used for your student show's or exhibitions around Tyler, though we recomend you reserve your equipment as soon as you learn of your show or exhibition
- If equipment is returned late, a late fee will be assessed based on the time overdue and the value of the equipment
- The borrower is responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property
(Temple University’s Digital Image Database) hosts the Art & Art History Collection of over 40,000 high quality digital images. These art, art history, and architectural images are provided by the VRC for use in both Temple University classroom instruction and individual student study. Please contact the VRC for the following services.
To access the gallery system, visit:
To request images be added to the gallery, please fill out the following form:
To report a discrepancy or error that you have found, please use the following form:
Email completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org