The Graphic & Interactive Design program at Tyler School of Art is committed to excellence in design and the full integration of technologies within our discipline to best educate and prepare our students to become leaders in this field. A thorough understanding of the changing nature of design and the integral role that technology plays in it, is essential for all our design students. In order for our students to be active participants in this ever-changing environment, we are requiring that all accepted Graphic Design majors own a laptop beginning the Fall Semester 2018.
“MINIMUM” Laptop Requirements
- MacBook Pro 13” laptop
Purchase at Temple University Apple Store: https://www.apple.com/us_edu_180008/shop
- 2.3GHz dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
- 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 128GB SSD storage
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Backup Drive
We suggest the Seagate Backup Plus Slim 1TB Portable External Hard Drive for Mac USB 3.0, but as long as you backup your files to either an external drive or Dropbox (see recommended software), brand does not matter.
- Epson Perfection V19 Color Photo and Document Scanner
- Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Wireless Color Wide-format Printer
- Adobe Creative Cloud (supplied by Temple University for free to students)
- Microsoft Office 365 is available to Students at no charge. Further details can be found at: http://computerservices.temple.edu/office-365.
STRONGLY Recommended Software
- DROPBOX yearly subscription (for auto backup of your computer and files):
- AppleCare+ for Mac
- Norton Security (Standard)
GAID Majors who are unable to purchase a laptop will have access to loaners during class time and can use one of the available systems in the working lab outside of class.
Students with any technical questions about hardware or software should email Scott Laserow at: firstname.lastname@example.org