Admission to one of Tyler's Studio Art (Bachelor of Fine Arts) programs is based on a review of academic credentials and portfolio review.
Undergraduate applicants for the BFA or BFA with Entrepreneurial Studies programs apply for full-time matriculation in fall or spring. Part-time status is not available for studio art BFA applicants.
If you are interested in applying to one the following disciplines, you should select “Undeclared Tyler School of Art and Architecture” as the title of your major:
- Fibers & Material Studies
- Graphic & Interactive Design
- Apply to Temple via the Common Application.
- Send official transcripts, self-reported high school transcript and test scores to the Temple Undergraduate Admissions office.
- International students, please visit International Admissions.
A portfolio is required for consideration for the studio art programs and should be officially submitted via Temple SlideRoom. You must include:
- 10-20 pieces of original work
- Examples of drawing from direct observation regardless of the major you wish to pursue and should show a wide range of values and strong composition. (These drawings should not include sketchbook drawings.)
Your portfolio may include:
- Additional drawings
- Work in both black-and-white and color media
- Ceramics, design examples, fibers, glass, jewelry or metal work, paintings, photography, prints, sculpture or time-based media
Tips: A variety of media, subject matter and scale are important. Feel free to bring your sketchbooks as well as work completed in weekend or summer programs.
Please do not send portfolio materials or original work through the mail. These will not be accepted, reviewed or returned.
Applicants who submit a portfolio via Temple SlideRoom will automatically be considered for a Tyler Portfolio Merit Scholarship. If submitting more than 10 images, only the first 10 will be considered for scholarship consideration.