Admission to Tyler’s Architecture and Environmental Design programs, which open up a range of pre-professional tracks, is based on a review of academic credentials. First-year admission is available for the fall semester only.
If you are interested in applying to one the following disciplines, you should select “Architecture Undeclared” as the title of your major:
- Facilities Management
- Historic Preservation
- Landscape Architecture*
- Community Development*
* You can enter these programs through “Architecture Undeclared.” You can also apply directly into Landscape Architecture and Community Development.
- Apply to Temple via the Common Application.
- Send official transcripts, self-reported high school transcript and test scores to the Temple Undergraduate Admissions office.
- International students, please visit International Admissions.
Portfolios are optional for admission. If you’d like to enhance your application by providing a portfolio, you may include:
- Any creative or technical work completed in the past two years.
If you wish to submit a portfolio, you can do so in person by scheduling a portfolio review or by uploading a digital portfolio to Temple SlideRoom. SlideRoom charges a one-time $10 fee for this service. Additionally, Tyler will also review portfolios at National Portfolio Day events and at some high schools that we visit, time permitting. Check here for Philadelphia’s National Portfolio Day event date. Please do not send portfolio materials or original work through the mail. These will not be accepted and will not be reviewed or returned.
First-year students who wish to compete for portfolio-based scholarships must submit a self-portrait and statement of purpose as described in the scholarship application.
Tip: Once you fill out Temple’s Common Application, you don’t have to wait to schedule a meeting with the Tyler Admissions Office and a Portfolio Review. Both the Temple and Tyler application processes occur simultaneously.