Admission to Tyler’s Architecture and Environmental Design programs, which open up a range of pre-professional tracks, is based on a review of academic credentials. First-year admission is available for the fall semester only.
If you are interested in applying to one the following disciplines, you should select “Architecture Undeclared” as the title of your major:
- Facilities Management
- Historic Preservation
- Landscape Architecture*
- Community Development*
* You can enter these programs through “Architecture Undeclared.” You can also apply directly into Landscape Architecture and Community Development.
- Apply to Temple via the Common Application.
- Send official transcripts, self-reported high school transcript and test scores to the Temple Undergraduate Admissions office.
- International students, please visit International Admissions.
First Year Applicants
Portfolios are optional for admission. If you’d like to enhance your application by providing a portfolio please submit via Temple SlideRoom, you may include:
- Any creative or technical work completed in the past two years.
Portfolios are required for students applying to Architecture who have previous college level architecture credits and should be submitted via Temple SlideRoom A portfolio is not required for admissions consideration otherwise.
Students with previous credits in architecture from other institutions may be considered for admission with advanced standing based on portfolio review and evaluation of credits and coursework. Architecture transfer students who have taken studio courses must submit a portfolio for transfer studio credit evaluation. Placement in the program will be reviewed by Tyler’s Transfer Committee.
Applicants who submit a portfolio via Temple SlideRoom will automatically be considered for a Tyler Portfolio Merit Scholarship. If submitting more than 10 images, only the first 10 will be considered for scholarship consideration.