Making multiples with a vast range of plausible solutions entices young artists to explore new expressive directions. The special processes of printmaking enable them to see their work translated into exciting two-dimensional forms. These processes also provide opportunities for discovering multiple solutions to problems, enabling the student to construct a solid visual foundation.
BFA in Printmaking Key Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of the conceptual and theoretical principles in their major
- Effective critical thinking and analytical skills
- Effective utilization of oral and written communication
- Technical expertise in the software and hardware utilized in each discipline
- Highly developed aesthetic and conceptual skills
- Professional caliber image and object making abilities
MFA in Printmaking Key Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of the conceptual, visual, and technical aspects of contemporary printmaking.
- Ability to carry out independent studio research.
- Understanding of the ethical, legal, and social responsibilities in printmaking practice.
- Ability to understand and employ the visual and conceptual innovations of non-printmaking media.
- Mastery of conceptual, visual, and technical aspects of contemporary printmaking.
- Ability to apply critical and analytical skills to printmaking.
- Understanding of the formal and aesthetic aspects of the discipline.
- Ability to articulate ideas and information in both written and oral formats.
- Technical mastery of new and /or traditional media.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into contemporary printmaking practices.
- Ability to establish and maintain independent studio practices.