- Apply to Temple via the Common Application.
- Send official transcripts to the Temple Undergraduate Admissions office.
Your portfolio must include:
- A total of 20 images uploaded via Temple Slideroom. SlideRoom charges a one-time $10 fee for this service. Tyler will provide feedback during unofficial portfolio reviews at National Portfolio Day events that we visit, time permitting. Check here for Philadelphia’s National Portfolio Day event date.
- Examples of drawing from direct observation regardless of the major you wish to pursue and should show a wide range of values and strong composition. (These drawings should not include sketchbook drawings.)
- Examples completed in college-level studio courses for both admissions and placement purposes.
Your portfolio may include:
- Additional drawings
- Work in both black-and-white and color media
- Ceramics, design examples, fibers, glass, jewelry or metal work, paintings, photography, prints, sculpture or time-based media
Tyler will consider course credit from students transferring from colleges or universities depending on accreditation per Temple’s policy and those equivalent to Tyler’s BA in Art Therapy program. Studio courses must have been completed within 10 years of application and matriculation. A maximum of 24 studio credits will be considered for transfer.
Admission and studio placement will be based on the portfolio review and academic credentials that will be reviewed by Tyler’s Transfer Committee. During the review, the Transfer Committee will determine if the applicant is admissible into the program and will also review which studio credits are transferable to Tyler. The number of studio credits we accept will also determine their studio year (placement).
Tip: Do not send portfolio materials or original work through the mail. These will not be accepted and will not be reviewed or returned.