Once you've enrolled in any of Tyler's Online Pre-College Summer Programs, there are a few next steps to complete to ensure you're ready for the first day of your program.
1. Balance must be paid in full.
All summer 2020 program tuition balances must be paid in full by Friday, July 3 for Session I students and by Friday, July 17 for Session II students. You can make payments online via credit card by following the instructions below:
1. Go to noncredit.temple.edu and log-in to your student account.
2. Select "My Invoices" in the left menu column.
3. On the My Invoices page, select the outstanding Pre-College Summer 2020 invoice and click the "Pay Selected Invoices" button.
4. Follow the Checkout steps to enter and confirm your payment.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We are unable to accept cash or checks.
If you require a payment plan, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-777-9010.
2. Complete the Pre-College Summer Waivers and Releases form online.
All pre-college students must complete the "Pre-College Summer Waivers and Releases 2020 - Online" application in order to attend. If you register for this program on or after May 8, 2020, this waiver will be automatically added to your account. If you registered prior to May 8, we will manually add this waiver to your account and notify you via email when it is available to you. To access the waiver, log in to the student portal at noncredit.temple.edu and search for the “Pre-College Summer Waivers and Releases 2020- Online" application under the "My Applications" section of your account.
The waiver and release form helps better prepare our staff for you to participate in our programs and will ask you for information about your emergency contacts and any learning differences. It will also ask for your parent or guardian to sign off on important permissions to allow you to participate. We ask that you complete this form early so that we can review the information and ensure there is nothing else we need. If you have questions about the waiver and release form, please email us at email@example.com.
3. Purchase your required class supplies.
Tyler Pre-College Programs require students to purchase supplies for their classes so that all students have access to the same materials and can learn with the same resources. For our summer 2020 online programs, we have made sure that any required supplies are safe and practical for use at home and can be easily ordered online for delivery. Your supply lists can be found on the individual class pages for your selected program.
This summer we worked with Blick Art Supplies to build supply kits for each of your classes, which offer you a discount on the total supply list. These kits can be ordered for curbside pick-up from the Philadelphia Blick Art Supplies location at 1330 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 or for delivery (the cost of shipping is not included). You may also choose to order the individual supplies on each list as needed, however, we can only guarantee the inventory and shipping time for the Blick kits.
Please wait to receive your final program confirmation email from the Tyler Pre-College office before purchasing your supplies—these confirmations will be sent no later than two weeks before your program begins. To purchase your Blick kit/s you should call the Philadelphia Blick location at (215) 545-3214 and let the customer service agent know you are ordering a "Temple Pre-College Kit", and give them the name/s of your pre-college class/es. All students must be prepared with their supplies on the first day of classes in order to participate.
4. Activate your AccessNet account.
30 days prior to the start of your program, you’ll be able to activate your AccessNet account. Your AccessNet account is the username and password that you will use to access your online class sessions, check your Temple email, and login to Canvas (our learning management system). All students attending our Summer 2020 Online Pre-College Programs must set this up before the first day of classes. To activate your AccessNet follow the instructions below.
1. Go to www.accounts.temple.edu
2. Click on the red link on the right hand side that says “Activate AccessNet account”
3. Enter your Last Name, 9-digit TUid and date of birth
You should have received an email from Temple with your TUid. If you cannot locate your TUid, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Follow the prompts to set a secure password. This process will also give you what your AccessNet username is. It will be in the format of three letters, starting with "tu," and five numbers, such as tux12345. You cannot change your AccessNet so please keep the username and password in a safe place! You will need it to login to our online classrooms via Zoom.
5. Sign-up for a Pre-College Student Orientation.
Attending a Pre-College Student Orientation is required of all Tyler Pre-College Students. These approximately 75-minute sessions will be offered twice in the weeks leading up to your program Session, and both students and parents/guardians are welcome. We will walk you through what to expect as a Tyler Pre-College student, what resources are available to help you, and more. You'll meet our staff and have a chance to ask any questions you have before we get started! If you are attending both Sessions I and II this summer, you only need to attend the Session I orientation. If you are unable to attend either of the orientation times for your Session, please contact us at email@example.com. All times listed below are Eastern Daylight Time.
If your program starts on July 6, click one of the links below to register for orientation:
If your program starts on July 20, click one of the links below to register for orientation:
Additional Resources for Summer 2020 Pre-College Students
1. Required Technology for Online Learning:
Students will need the following technology in order to participate in our online pre-college programs:
- A desktop computer, laptop computer or Chromebook with an up-to-date/currently supported operating system
- Highspeed internet connection—broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Headphones or headset
- Awareness that you are responsible for following the Technology and Software Usage Policy
2. Understanding DestinyOne vs. AccessNet vs. TUid:
For questions about which Temple accounts are needed for certain aspects of enrolling and participating in a pre-college program, check out this cheat sheet:
Temple Accounts Cheat Sheet