Following the success of our Online Summer 2020 Pre-College Programs, and given the continued risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made the decision to offer all of our pre-college programs 100% online through summer 2021. This includes our Pre-College Summer Studios, Summer Portfolio Boot Camps, Architecture Institute, and Environmental Design Institute. Working with our incredible faculty, we have been able to replicate much of our curriculum to provide you with an enriching educational experience that will allow you to explore new media and interests, build technical skills, learn about creative career paths and make artwork under the guidance of our dedicated faculty.
Each of our programs has been adapted specifically for online learning to allow students to engage in hands-on, project-based learning from the safety of their homes. Our online programs are designed to be as interactive as possible and will include a mix of:
- Live face-to-face instruction and presentations with your instructors
- Time for hands-on art making and projects, both independently and in small groups
- Critique and discussion of projects with your instructors and classmates
- Virtual studio visits and guest lectures by practicing professionals
- Online resources such as virtual museum tours, site visits and demonstration videos
- Optional social activities allowing you to connect with your creative peers
- A virtual final exhibition to showcase the work you've created with family, friends and fellow pre-college classmates
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
Tyler Pre-College Programs are designed to provide students with a rigorous introduction to college-level courses. Our online programs will keep students engaged throughout the day with a mix of live ("synchronous") sessions and time to work on your own or in small groups ("asynchronous"). Please review the sample daily schedules for a better understanding of how your program will be structured:
REQUIRED TECHNOLOGY FOR PARTICIPATION
Students will need the following technology in order to participate in our online pre-college programs:
- A desktop computer, laptop computer or Chromebook with an up-to-date/currently supported operating system
- Highspeed internet connection—broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Headphones or headset (recommended only)
- Awareness that you are responsible for following the Technology and Software Usage Policy
Tyler Pre-College Programs require students to purchase supplies for their classes so that all students have access to the same materials and can learn with the same resources. For our online programs, we have made sure that any required supplies are safe and practical for use at home. Please check your individual class pages for supply lists.
VIRTUAL SOCIAL ACTIVITIES
Virtual social activities will be held several times a week as a fun way for you to get to know your fellow pre-college students outside of your classes. All activities will be optional and may include such things as game nights, group drawing sessions, virtual campus tours, chats with current Tyler and Temple students, Philadelphia museum tours and open studio time to work on your projects at the same time as other students. A schedule of activities will be shared each week so that you can choose what you would like to attend.
Tyler Pre-College Programs do not require an application to be admitted. However, you do need to complete registration forms online to make your program or workshop selections. The following links will take you to the specific registration pages for each of our online pre-college programs:
Enrollment deadlines are 10 days prior to each session's start date, or until the program is full. Enroll early!
When you fill out the enrollment form and pay your $100 deposit, your space is held in the program. As it gets closer to the beginning of the programs, we will place you into your classes and send you a final confirmation with information about supplies, online student orientation and other next steps to prepare for your first day of classes.
FINANCIAL AID AND PAYMENT PLANS
Limited need-based financial aid is available! If you believe you qualify, please inquire early by emailing us at email@example.com. Financial aid application deadline: May 1, 2021.
Payment plans are available. After submitting your $100 deposit, you can set up a payment plan to pay off your tuition balance prior to your program's start date. To set up a payment plan, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. All program fees must be paid in full 10 days prior to the start of the program.