Natalia Angeles Vieyra (Art HIst PhD candidate) receives Terra Foundation Grant
Natalia will be conducting her research on her dissertation, "Beyond the City of Light: Impressionists in the Americas and the Caribbean".
Terra Foundation International Research Travel Grants offer US-based scholars working on American art and visual culture prior to 1980 the opportunity to conduct research abroad. Grant funding is available for projects that require study of materials outside the United States and that will enable scholars to:
- Discover new primary source material;
- Experience works of art first-hand in museums and private collections;
- Make contact with artists, critics, art dealers, archivists, curators, and university scholars;
- Consult archives and library collections outside the US;
- Establish professional networks for future research.