Temple University's 2019 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show exhibit, Hip haven: Hangin' loose at a home refuge, won the following five awards.
Temple University's 2019 PHS Philadelphia Flower Show exhibit, Hip haven: Hangin' loose at a home refuge, won the following five awards. The show theme was “Flower Power,”and located within the Pennsylvania Convention Center between 2-11 March.
- PHS Gold Medal. Awarded to a major exhibit that receives 95 or more points out of 100 in the criteria of design, horticulture, plantsmanship, and educational value.
- PHS Gold Medal Plant Award. Awarded for the best use of PHS Gold Medal plants in a major exhibit.
- The Bulkley Medal of the Garden Club of America. Awarded to a special exhibit in the fields of horticulture, botany, or conservation. The exhibit must be one of exceptional educational merit that increases the knowledge and awareness of the viewing public.
- Special Achievement Award of the Garden Club Federation of Pennsylvania. Awarded to an exhibit of unusual excellence (under 1,000 square feet) in the category of conservation.
- PHS Sustainability Award, for the educational major exhibit demonstrating the best use of sustainable gardening practices to the public.